Before we delve into why SEO is important, let’s get a basic understanding of what SEO is and factors that affect it. Your customers have to find you, right? In order to do so, you must have a web presence that ranks high in a search engine result. But how do you do that? This is where SEO comes in.
What is SEO
Website optimization is organic (nonpaid) actions taken to ensure a website can be found on search engine (Google, Bing, Yahoo), results when someone performs a search using key words or phrases for a business that provides a product or service your company offers. We’ll use us, Web Jarvis, for an example. When someone types in web design Sarasota, a list of the top optimized websites will show up in the search results. SEO can also be described as a strategized process to improve the visibility of a website in search engine results.
- Key words: Think about what words people who are interested in your products or services search for incorporate these key words throughout the pages on your website.
- Get links from other sites that direct back to your site. Think of this like someone else recommending your company. You can do this by creating high-quality content that people share. This may be accomplished through social media or backlinks on their website’s blog.
- Google indexes or crawls to find relevant and authoritative search results that it thinks will find the best results from the keyword or phrase that as entered into the search bar.
- It’s Google’s job to find the best match for the search you performed.
- Authority is measured by the number of links from other web pages to your website.
Why SEO is Important
Your customers have to be able to find you, right? Therefore, you have to have a good web presence by showing up high in search results. Visitors trust a website that ranks high and it proves you are relevant to the product or service they are wishing to find. Having an optimized website improves the user experience and allows the visitor to easily navigate your website leading them to the action you wish for them to perform, the CTA or call to action.
Join us on February 8, 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. for the You Go Girl Ask Jarvis SEO Basics Workshop. This workshop is geared towards women-owned small business.
During this workshop, get an easy-to-understand overview of SEO. You’ll gain a solid knowledge of the different components that affect where your business ranks on a search engine. This invaluable information will be presented in a clear, concise, and comprehendible way by the team at Web Jarvis. You’ll also get individual attention, get the answers to your questions, and exchange ideas with other savvy small business owners. Tickets are $25 and are inclusive of refreshments. For more information visit, the Facebook Event Page.